Harlots and Angels
Tutorials /Free Patterns
PDF PATTERN HELP
About Us / Contact Us
Easy to make pattern suitable for beginners and more advanced sewers. Allow 1 to 2 hours to make.
1. Cut out the pieces as directed in pattern. For the central neck piece fuse the interfacing to wrong side.
2. Showing the interfacing fused to centre neck piece.
3. Make a small hem on one of the short sides. Fold the centre piece lengthways right sides together and sew long edge.
4. Showing centre piece turned though
5. Fold neck strap lengthways right sides together and sew long side.
6. Press seam open then turn neck strap through and press so that the seam lies in the centre. Trim ends with pinking shears or seal raw ends with fray check.
7. lay lining right sides together and join one long edge. The lining should be slightly narrower than the main fabric.
8. Join other long edge of lining leaving a 2" (5cm) gap at the centre of cravat.
9. sew the short ends of cravat. Turn the seams towards lining and clip corners.
10. Showing the cravat turned through and pressed with the gap at the centre.
11. Showing the gap sewn closed.
12. On right side make two pleats in the centre of cravat.
13. Showing pleats in cravat.
14. Showing the hook and slide bar for neck strap.
15. Thread slide bar onto neck strap.
16. turn end to wrong side and sew down.
17. Thread the end through the slide bar to make a loop.
18. Thread other end of neck strap through hook and turn to wrong side and sew down.
19. Sew neck strap to main cravat with pleats downwards and hook upwards.
20. Lay cravat centre piece under cravat and fold over. The hook should be just concealed under edge of centre panel.
21. Sew small stitches at lower edge catching the main cravat in to keep in position.
22. Showing the finished cravat from wrong side with neck strap hooked closed.